Three summer sessions of Driver's Education are being offered at Laurel High School.
Please read the information below carefully before applying.
- Students must be at least 14½ at the beginning of the class - NO EXCEPTIONS
- Session 1 - Student must have turned 14 no later than November 26, 2019 - THIS SESSION IS FULL
- Session 2 - Student must have turned 14 no later than December 29, 2019 - THIS SESSION IS FULL
- Session 3 - Student must have turned 14 no later than February 17, 2020
- Session Dates
- Session 1 begins May 26, 2020 and ends approximately June 27, 2020
- Session 2 begins June 29, 2020 and ends approximately July 30, 2020
- Session 3 begins August 17, 2020 and ends approximately September 17, 2020
- Other Information
- Students residing in the Laurel School District are placed into sessions first providing all forms and fees are in order.
- Students must have access to an electronic device that supports Google Classroom. Instruction will be provided via this platform.
- Sessions are limited to 30 participants.
- In order to prepare for the learner's permit test, students must show the instructor a copy of their certified birth certificate or passport PLUS a school ID or Social Security card. These documents are not kept or copied.
- The instructor will provide a yellow application form for a driver's license. The form must be notarized by a parent or legal guardian.
- Additional information will be provided at the parent night meeting.
- Contact Jodi S with questions at 406-697-2390
A completed Driver's Ed Application form, the completed Medical Release form, and the registration fee of $200.00 must ALL be turned into the district before placement into a session occurs.
1. Driver's Education Application - click to access
2. Medical Release Form - click to access
3. Pay $200 Registration
- Laurel Public Schools students should pay the application fee via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal (click to access)
- Sign in to the parent portal > Select the student taking Driver's Ed > Fees > My Accounts > Optional Payments
- Other applicants can drop off payment at the Administration Building located at 410 Colorado Avenue Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to noon. There is a drop box on the main floor by Student Services. Make certain payment information is in an envelope and contains the applicant's name.